Set a Funding Account
A Funding Account is a debit card which funds your Raiz investments directly. Whenever you make an investment, this card will be debited.
To set your Funding Account, simply select your bank from the list and enter your card details.
Please note that you will be required to enter a one-time password (OTP) to link your card. This code will be sent by your bank via SMS to your handphone number associated with your card.
If you face any issue in linking your debit card, please call your bank/ card provider. You can find their number at the back of the card.
Set a Withdrawal Account
A Withdrawal Account is your bank account – this could be your savings or current account. When you withdraw money from your Raiz account, the money will be sent to this bank account. You can withdraw money from your Raiz account at any time.
To set your Withdrawal Account, simply select your bank from the list and enter your bank account number. Please note that the bank account number must bear your name to ensure a successful withdrawal.
Tell us about yourself
- You will need to key in:
- your Full Name
- your MyKad Number
- your handphone number
- a security answer
- The following screen will ask you to key in your home address and to confirm that you are not a U.S. person as Raiz does not accept applications from U.S. persons.
- The next screen will ask you if you are a tax resident outside Malaysia and a Politically Exposed Person (PEP) – tick Yes or No.
- Then, the next page will ask you to confirm that you have read and agree:
- to the fees and charges that will be incurred when investing in the relevant portfolio
- that your Funding Account is yours, and it is not a credit card
- In the next screen, you will need to answer a set of short and simple questions.
- Source of Income
- Approximate Net Worth (The value of everything you own such as bank account, house, unit trusts, minus off everything you owe such as home loan, car loan, and credit cards)
- Investment Timeframe (How long do you plan to invest)
- Reason to Invest
- Monthly Income
- Then, take the photo of your MyKad (front and back). You may also upload it from your gallery.
After you submit this information, Raiz will recommend you a suitable portfolio. Click “I agree”.
You may also change to other portfolios. However, as each portfolio carries different level of risk, please note that you may be exposed to risks that are below or above your risk tolerance if you decide to select another portfolio.
- You may select any initial investment amount. However, this will only be deducted from your debit card and invested once your information has been verified and your account has been approved – so, please make sure all the information you have provided are correct.
OPTIONAL: Link your Round-up Account to invest your spare change!
A Round-up Account can be a VISA credit card, a VISA debit card, or a Maybank MasterCard debit card.
Every time you spend using your card, Raiz will record the transaction and round it up to the next Ringgit, so that the spare change will be saved and invested.
For example, when you go to the supermarket and spend RM50.30 using your card, Raiz will round up the transaction to RM51. So, the 70 cents spare change will be saved and invested.
To set your Round-up Account, simply select the type of card you wish to link from the list and enter your card details.
Depending on the type of card, you might be required to enter a one-time password (OTP) to link your card. This code will be sent by your bank via SMS to your handphone number associated with your card.
If you face any issue in linking your card, please call your bank. You can find their number at the back of the card.
If you are not interested in investing your spare change, you can just skip this step and we will not collect your spare change. You can still make a lump-sum investment or set up a recurring investment.
To make a lump-sum investment, go to “Invest” from the Home screen, select “Deposit”, and enter the amount you wish to invest.
To set recurring investments, go to “Invest” from the Home screen, select “Recurring”, and enter the amount and frequency (daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly). It will then run automatically.
Troubleshooting your account
Sometimes issues arise when signing up for your Raiz account – perhaps information was not entered correctly. If this occurs, a red triangle with an error message will appear on the Home screen. Just click this notification to address the problem.
Please note that certain circumstances may require you to submit additional documentation in order to complete the account approval process. If this happens, a member of our Customer Experience team will be in touch with you.
If you need assistance, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +603 2714 6114.