Here are some WORRYING facts about retirement that we want you to know!
Malaysia is expected to reach aging nation status by 2030.
- What does this mean? Citizens above 60 years of age are expected to increase to 15% by 2030.
- As of 2022, citizens above 65 years old are estimated at 7.3%. Yes, that will be a huge jump!
- Why is this happening? Life expectancy has increased (that means we live longer thanks to better healthcare technology and higher living standards), and birth rates are on a downward trend (which is also happening in most parts of the world).
Inadequate retirement savings is a concern.
- EPF had set a minimum Basic Savings target of RM240,000 by the age of 55. This would translate to RM1,000 per month over a 20-year retirement period.
- As of May 2023, only 30% of EPF members meet the basic savings by age.
Believe it or not, most of us have not started to think about retirement. It’s never too early to start giving it a serious thought! If you don’t know where to begin, here is an article to help you kickstart your retirement planning.
In any case, we know that consistency and discipline are essential when it comes to saving and investing. If you would like to build your savings for your retirement (apart from the EPF that you might already be contributing to) and at the same time automate it, you can easily set it in your Raiz app! How?
- Click here to open Recurring Investment.
- Set a savings goal for your retirement (you can name it as you wish!).
- Set the total and the frequency.
- Sit back, relax, and watch your savings and investments grow. Remember, investing is a marathon and not a sprint!
Raiz is about helping you save & invest more – being able to save 5% of your salary every month is better than earning 5% return. Having a disciplined savings habit can help improve your financial position quicker (than spending time choosing the best fund manager).
Do you know?
Covid-19 related withdrawals from EPF consisted of RM145 billion. That’s 15% of EPF’s total savings!
Don’t have the Raiz App?
Download it for free in the App store:
The information on this website is general advice only. This means it does not consider any person’s investment objectives, financial situation or investment needs. If you are an investor, you should consult your licensed adviser before acting on any information contained in this article to fully understand the benefits and risk associated with the Raiz product.
The information on this website is confidential. It must not be reproduced, distributed or disclosed to any other person. The information is based on assumptions or market conditions which change without notice. This will impact the accuracy of the information.
Under no circumstances is the information to be used by, or presented to, a person for the purposes of deciding about investing in Raiz.