Yes! We aim to share with you some Investing and Economic insights – in a very simple way.
Here is what you need to know this week:
Semiconductor shares got a boost this week from a bullish forecast by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC).
What is the forecast?
The main chipmaker to Apple Inc. and Nvidia is budgeting capital expenditure of US$28 billion to US$32 billion and expecting revenue could grow by as much as 26% this year.
- This outlook offered much-needed reassurance to investors.
What is the impact?
Last week, the world’s most valuable chipmaker gained more than 6% in Taipei share market — its biggest gain in almost a year.
- Its key suppliers, Tokyo Electron and Advantest Corp also gained more than 5% in Tokyo share market. ASML Holding rose more than 3% in the US.
- The company’s key AI chip clients, Advanced Micro Devices has hit a record and that spilled over into other US tech stocks including Nvidia.
- TSMC has fueled a gain in semiconductor stocks from the US to Asia of roughly US$165 billion, based on Bloomberg’s calculations.
Meanwhile, the US’s S&P 500 posted another record high in two days to close at 4,850 points yesterday as tech stocks added to recent gains. Fuelled by hopes the AI boom will keep powering the market higher, the benchmark is expected to stay above 4,800 for long.
- Bursa Malaysia’s FBM KLCI also extended its gains to end higher yesterday. Its Technology Index climbed 0.3% to 63.43 on the back of the return to technology stocks.
REMEMBER these four things:
- Investing is not gambling – only if you know what you are doing.
- Don’t let your emotions control you.
- Investing is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus on long term.
- Every market downturn in history has ended in an upturn.
Raiz is about helping you save & invest more – being able to save 5% of your salary every month is better than earning 5% return. Having a disciplined savings habit can help improve your financial position quicker (than spending time choosing the best fund manager).
Do you know?
You can buy semiconductor stocks through Raiz via Nomura Global Shariah Semiconductor Equity Fund in the Custom Portfolio!
The Semiconductor fund has its top holding in TSMC, Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices.
To include the Semiconductor fund in your Custom Portfolio; Open your Raiz app > Home > Invest > Portfolio > Custom (at the most right) > Edit Portfolio.
Don’t have the Raiz App?
Download it for free in the app store:
The information on this website is general advice only. This means it does not consider any person’s investment objectives, financial situation or investment needs. If you are an investor, you should consult your licensed adviser before acting on any information contained in this article to fully understand the benefits and risk associated with the Raiz product.
The information on this website is confidential. It must not be reproduced, distributed or disclosed to any other person. The information is based on assumptions or market conditions which change without notice. This will impact the accuracy of the information.
Under no circumstances is the information to be used by, or presented to, a person for the purposes of deciding about investing in Raiz.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).